Subject: Re: Carrera vs Deskstation
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 10:41:10 -0800

On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Andrew Hofman wrote:

> Glad I'm not the only one with good stuff to say about the Raptor3. People
> on this list might stop believing me! Anyway, I've got two of 'em
> (21164/266) and I love 'em to death.

I have a 275mhz 21064 Raptor3 and all I can say about it is that it has
changed my life.  It's 16 times faster than my 33mhz 040 Amiga and you'll
never believe how much faster that really is until you see it in action.

> Except for a motherboard that got
> damaged when I moved my business, they have been rock-solid since I took
> delivery of them in July. And in that case, the matter was resolved very
> quickly (I recently posted a message here regarding a problem one of them
> was giving me. It turned out to be a bad hard drive).

I purchased mine through Scott Pincus at NTI and they have taken very good
care of me...the CD-Rom drive went bad a few weeks ago (there was a problem
with that particular model) and NTI provided me with a temporary replacement
while the CD-Rom company fixes mine.  Good people at NTI!

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner

    Only 26 days until the Lightspeed Animation Contest deadline!